Wednesday 1 January 2014

Review: Feel the Heat by Kate Meader

This is my review of 'Feel the Heat' by Kate Meader, I was given an advanced reader copy by Net Galley to review.

Publication Date: 28th Jan 2014




Synopsis:


IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT . . .

Photographer Lili DeLuca spends all her time working at her family's Italian restaurant, instead of following her dream of getting an MFA. When famous British chef Jack Kilroy unexpectedly challenges her father to a cook-off, Lili decides she's tired of playing it safe and vows to seduce the tempting Brit. But once a video of her and Jack kissing goes viral and her luscious (if voluptuous) butt starts trending on Twitter, Lili fears she's cooked up a recipe for disaster . . . 
Jack Kilroy's celebrity has left him feeling used and used up. While Lili's oh-so-sexy moans when she tastes his delicious creations turn him on, he's even more aroused by how this beautiful, funny woman is unimpressed by his fame. He knows they could be amazing together, if she could only see past his rabid, bitch-fork-wielding fan base. Now as he's about to start a new prime time TV cooking show, can Jack convince Lili to realize her own ambitions-and turn up the heat in his kitchen?

Review:

When I read the synopsis of this book I was quite excited to get started, I always like a book with a chef as a main character. I have to say this book didn't quite live up to expectations.

I was a lighthearted and easy read that flowed quite well but I found myself getting quite frustrated with the main female lead Lili. She was just so indecisive and I found myself wishing she would get over her issues and just admit that she wanted to be with Jack! It took until about 60% into the book for them to actually get together and she was still not fully committed to the relationship! GRRRR

Lili suffered from a body issue problem after being fat through school so she was constantly worrying about what people thought of her despite the fact that Jack thought she was gorgeous!  


That being said it was a relaxing read and I did like the main male character Jack, he was a bit of an Alpha Male which is always good and I also found Lili's large Italian family quite humorous.

Overall my rating for this book is an average:



3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment