Friday, 13 December 2013

Review: Safe in His Arms by Renee Rose

This is my review for 'Safe in His Arms' by Renee Rose, I was given a copy to review by Net Galley.


For as long as she could remember, Becca dreamed of a dominant man to take her in hand, and Zac, the handsome Marine she met at her sister's wedding, filled the role with aplomb… for a weekend. Then the fling came to an end, Zac went off to war and died for his country, and Becca learned she carried a child who would be born without a father.

Seven years later, Becca has done her best to move on and forget about Zac… until the day she walks into her kitchen to find the man she believed she would never see again locked in mortal combat with her son’s nanny, and realizes everything she thought she knew about Zac was a lie.

Like all Black Ops agents, Zac doesn't exist in any government record. His life is a series of deadly missions, and relationships of any kind are unsanctioned. But he keeps one secret. He watches over Becca, the beautiful daughter of a rogue agent, and Parker, the six-year-old boy he fathered that fateful weekend. When he spots a known assassin in their apartment posing as a nanny, he's forced to reveal himself and take them to safety… whether Becca likes it or not.

While Becca may have enjoyed his dominance once, bending her to his will again may not be quite so easy. He is
determined to keep her safe, however, and if a long, hard spanking is required, he is more than willing to oblige. Having Becca over his knee rekindles more than his passion, though; even when the immediate danger has passed, he finds it much more difficult to “ghost out” on his family again. Must he resign himself to protecting those he loves from afar, or can he find a way to be the man Becca needs and longs for, the man who is worthy of her
submission and her love?

Publisher’s Note: Safe in His Arms is an erotic romance novel that includes both consensual and non-consensual spankings, anal play, graphic sexual scenes, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.


This book was really not my cup of tea and would not read it again or recommend.

According to the publisher this is an Erotic Romance Novel but in my opinion a 'Romance Novel' even an erotic one needs to have more of a plot than this one!

Around 10% off this book was a plot and the other 90% was dedicated to sex and spankings! If this is your type of book then go for a read but for me there has to be more plot!

I'm not averse to an erotic novel by any means as Fifty Shades of Grey and the Crossfire Books are some of my favourites but this book just didn't cut the mustard.

The basic premise for the book is that the female lead had a one night stand with a guy at her sisters wedding who disappears the next day. She then discovers she is pregnant and is left to take care of her son for the next 7 years on her own until the male lead bursts into her life again to save her life. Through in a female lead with a penchant for spanking and Kinky role play and a male lead with a weird unexplained case of psychic intuition and you have the entirety of the book!

After the first sex scene I found myself skipping most of the others they just didn't interest me or hold my interest and the main story wasn't much better.

So, there's not much more to tell you except my overall rating which is:

1.5/5 stars

1.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment